Friday, April 23, 2010

Home addition, piano recital, and Baseball

So much has happened since we got back from our amazing trip to Hawaii! I literally haven't had a second to sit and write about life. When we got back from our trip our two story addition was all framed! They have worked hard and fast and are getting close to being finished. I have to go pick out flooring, paint, and counter tops this week. We have a great builder and it hasn't been too stressful. They boys are all doing really great! Baseball is in "full swing". Bryce is pitching for the JV team, Brandyn plays for the freshman team, and Blake still plays competitively, Ben plays for the parks and rec and Deryn is his coach. We have about two games per week per boy and then two or more practices per week (Bryce and Brandyn every day). They are still all enjoying piano. We just had our annual piano recital. Brooks and Braxton were even in it this year. They stole the show by playing Old McDonald as a duet. I am so grateful they all love music so much. Brandyn just finished running a campaign to be on student council at the high school next year. He won! He is excited : ) It brought back many memories of being on student council for both Deryn and I. We actually met serving on student government at Utah Valley State College. I think it is a great experience. Our school year is winding down and we are making summer plans. I just told the preschool that I work for that I will not be going back next year. I will be finishing up getting my teaching degree current and then substitute teach at the boys school once in a while. It is hard to believe that all of the kids will be in school next year. Summer is looking like a lot of fun. We have EFY, trip to Newport beach, baseball trips, swimming, football camps and practice, boating,high adventure and scout camps, and moving boys into their new rooms : ) to look forward to. We are all glad it is Friday today -time to get pizza and movies!

1 comment:

  1. I finally got back to blogville. I can not believe that your addition is really becoming a reality. I remember how often you sat down to plan it out and would put it aside for awhile just to get it out again. Now it is really happening. Good Luck to you. Thank you for sharing your life since you got back home. It is soooooo good to hear from you. Any Court of Honors this summer? How many Eagles by now? Guess I have missed those. Hope your summer is wonderful. Love you all so much.

    ReplyDelete

Brandyn football

Brandyn football
Brandyn tackling