We have been getting ready for Hawaii. It's happening fast! We are so ready for a good long break together as a family. We really need to get away from the business of our lives. I am really looking forward to visiting my family in Arizona too.
Last week Deryn and I went to the annual Kiss A Pig event for the American Diabetes Association. It is always such a great event. It was nice enjoying the evening without Deryn being a candidate and me the campaign manager. He really enjoys helping with the diabetes board. I am glad he has the opportunity.
This past weekend we ran a half marathon, but not in the actual event! The kids had baseball tournaments and activities in different states on Saturday, so it became just crazy trying to figure out how to get everyone where they needed to be and have parental support, so even after months of training we decided not to run on Saturday, but run the course together on Friday. It was a lot of fun. I loved the route and felt great. You would think running and training for a half marathon you would lose a lot of weight, but I didn't -I just am in a lot better shape and stronger and I love running even more now. It kept us healthy through the winter and that was the main goal. Maybe some other time we can do the race, but it is just not my season yet. Deryn is going to ride the 100 mile bike ride again in Race For the Cure and they have a 10 k that might be fun to do -it is football season though so we will see : )
The older boys are signed up for EFY. Bryce will be going to BYU for the week. This will be his 3rd year going, but first time at BYU. Brandyn will be going for his third time but he's going to Texas with his good friend. I am so excited for them. It is soo great for them to meet people from all over and feel the spirit there. I loved EFY!
I can't believe the time has come to register the twins for kindergarten! I will miss my little guys : ) I have had kids at home with me for 17 years. I am trying to finalize my plans of what I will spend some of my "extra" time doing. Maybe I will keep caught up on laundry -but that is not as fun as other things.
We are starting to schedule college trips for Bryce. I can't believe the time is here for him to start thinking about what college he wants to go to. I think BYU and UofA are his top prospects so far.
Baseball is in full swing now. I kind of feel like it never stopped. Blake is pitching really well. He had two home runs in his game last week. Brandyn has started paying on the high school team. He likes it, but right now if he had to choose he would pick football. He has lost 15 pounds since he stopped football and started baseball. They work out a lot more in football and he really likes working out. He has always been such a strong muscle man. Bryce's arm hurts after so many pitches so he is frustrated. It is best to wait and have your child start pitching around 16. He started too soon. He has been playing baseball since he was 4. I remember in sandy, Utah how he would be out there just throwing dirt.
It is time for my Sunday nap -they are the best!!! Our family has started a Sunday evening tradition. We all watch the program on BYU TV called, Wind At My Back. It is the cutest little family show and we all like it. You should check it out.



College? wow. he's is getting so big. That's awesome that he's in a band! I wish I knew you guys better. Have fun in Hawaii! And great job with the 1/2 marathon! That's really awesome.
ReplyDeleteHey, I am excited that I am watching "Wind at My Back" ,too. It is so real how things were in the depression. My folks talked about it all the time. The Joseph Papers follows and the Road to Zion and other good ones follow. On the Zion one this last time, it was the beginnings of the Church in Scotland.They showed so many shots of places where Royce served. It was neat. I am so pleased that Bryce is doing fun things like making CDs and stuff. Have fun in Hawaii. Check out the college there BYU-H. might be something fun. Uncle Jim went there. Love ya
ReplyDelete