We have been having a Wonderful THANKSGIVING break! We went to Branson for a couple of days. For those of you that have never been there -come and stay with us and we will take you! It is like a family friendly clean Las Vegas, but much better. Most, if not all of the family shows are performed by well known LDS families. The SIX show was the best I have ever seen. They are amazing. They don't use instruments, just their voices. What makes them even more amazing to me is that they are a family of ten boys and they have ALL gone on missions. Only the older SIX perform. Their mom died in 1992 and they wrote a song about her called, Love times Ten. It about ripped my heart out to listen to it. I would have loved talking with her. I met the dad and talked to him for a while. The SIX spent a lot of time talking to the boys after the show. They asked them about what instruments they play and if they sing. The asked them if the Young brothers want to take over when they retire. I think they thought it was cool that we are also LDS. It has motivated me to sign them up for singing lessons! We bought all three of their CDs and we all got t-shirts! They will be doing a fireside in Bentonville the third week in December. We will be there.
We have gone to a couple of movies in the past few of days and went on a family bike ride for most of the day yesterday. The older boys went with Deryn to the church last night and played basketball until late. Brandyn, Blake, and Deryn are at the Turkey Bowl right now and I am cooking up a feast with the help of the twins. We have been making our turkey sugar cookies, the most important part of the meal. My grandma Bryce made them every Thanksgiving so I am carrying on the tradition. It is hard not being with family this Thanksgiving. We wish all of our friends and family an awesome day! We love you sooo much.



No comments:
Post a Comment