skip to main |
skip to sidebar
The Frogs Have landed (about a week early)
I had this great idea that it would be fun for Ben to get some frogs for Christmas from Santa, so I put my order in and the North pole said the frogs would be shipped in about a week and it would take two days after they where shipped to arrive at our home. I gave them my cell number and said, "please put a note for the driver to call me when he is on his way." It has been very cold and I didn't want the little guys to freeze. Well - only two days after I ordered them I had a note on my front door that they had tried to deliver them and no one was home! The note said I could get them by seven that night or they would try again the next day. I was worried that they might die if I waited past that evening. They had had one day of travel and then a day in a delivery truck already. It was looking almost impossible for me to get to the Fed Ex office by seven because Deryn and I had his work party and then he had arranged for us to stay at the Embassey Suites that night after the party. Lynar was going to sleep at our house to keep an eye on the boys. Jen was going to be out of town, so it was going to work out just great -at least we thought. I had lots to do before I left all of the boys. We decided to just get the package on the way to the party and then take the frogs with us to the hotel. (ha) We left them in the car during the party (they come with a heating pack around them) and then when we got to the hotel Deryn got their aquarium all set up. When he was assembling things he made the comment that a lot of times he thinks he knows what his days will be like and sometimes they are way different. I couldn't stand to watch him take them out and put them in their container in case they were dead, but they made it! It is a fun gift -Ben will love it. We just have ten more days to hide them. So -at around eleven that night Lynar called and told us Jen had missed her flight and he would not be able to stay at our house because he would be leaving at 3am to take her to the Tulsa airport. We couldn't believe it. We stayed for awhile longer and then we headed home!
haha wow! what an adventure. glad the froggies made it though. what a cute idea!
ReplyDeleteSure wonder about the fate of these learning experiences. What happened when they finally were discovered? This is so funny to hear about.
ReplyDelete